On the macOS system, the CheckRa1n jailbreak program must be installed. You may use CheckRa1n to jailbreak your iPhone on a Windows PC after creating the jailbreak U disk with 3uTools.
This Jailbreak supports iPhone 5S – iPhone X devices. In addition, it is compatible with iOS 12.3 and above systems.
Steps to use these Jailbreak U disks.
- Connect the iPhone to the computer using the data cord.
- Open 3uTools on the computer, select “Enter Recovery Mode” in the “Toolbox,” and keep the data cable connected once the iPhone enters recovery mode.
- Restart the machine, go into BIOS mode, and choose U disk (Generic Flash Disk) as the boot device. (There are multiple ways to access the BIOS on different versions of PCs and motherboards; please see the motherboard maker for further information.)
- After starting the U disk, enter Checkra1n, choose “Start” in the lower right corner with the keyboard arrow keys, and press Enter to begin.
- Select “Start” in the lower right corner of the screen with the keyboard arrow keys and hit Enter, then follow the on-screen instructions to put the device into DFU mode.
- The jailbreak stage will be done automatically without any further actions after you enter DFU mode.
- Checkra1n will prompt “All Done” when the jailbreak is done. If the jailbreak fails, please try again.
- The checkra1n icon will appear on the iPhone desktop at this time. Open checkra1n on the desktop, click Cydia, and install.
- This jailbreak is finished after Cydia has been installed properly.
- Disconnect the data connection and USB flash drive and restart the computer.
- If you restart your iPhone after jailbreaking using the aforementioned technique, the jailbreak environment will be lost, and you’ll need to re-jailbreak to recover it.
Steps to make Jailbreak USB Flash drive.
- Connect a USB flash drive with a storage capacity of at least 1GB to your computer.
- In the “Flash&JB-Jailbreak” section of 3uTools, click “Make Checkra1n jailbreak USB flash drive.”
- The function description will subsequently appear and be shown. Select the U disk to be used for manufacturing from the inserted U disk and click the “Start Making” button.
- Note: Please note that this procedure will erase any data presently saved on the U drive; please make a backup of your personal information before proceeding.
- After that, 3uTools will generate a jailbroken USB flash drive for you. When you’re finished with the creation, click the “Close” button on the prompt window.
Steps to return to normal use after making a boot disk.
The U disk will not be able to read properly after creating a jailbroken boot disk using the aforesaid approach. Please follow the procedures below if you need to restore it.
- To begin, download the Rufus-3.11p.zip recovery program to your computer, unzip it, then double-click to start it after the download is complete.
- Second, insert the U disk into the computer; the recovery application will identify the drive immediately; under “Boot Type Selection,” pick “FreeDOS.”
- Finally, click “Start” to begin the recovery process.